Ridge Of Death

Go down

Ridge Of Death Empty Ridge Of Death

Post  Stormman on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:55 pm

Looking at the models and each time I do I get more and more disgusted... What appears to be a potent strom weakens considerably due to an area of HIGH pressure to our South East. Western troughs fizzle out before they can make it to the Plains, limiting factors in the Gulf with Easterly winds are gonna prevent moisture return to the Central CONUS. It isn't until 288 to 324 hours out or so before FINALLY a negative tilt short wave makes it this far East. VERY VERY boring weather is in store for the next 2 weeks or so. Hopefully by the time May 1st arrives my chaseation can begin, otherwise I may need to reschedule my vacation time until the last 2 weeks of May.... something has gotta change and fast! Last year was hard enough with only a hand full of successful chases, 1 of which produced a weak tornado. Come on mother nature bring on the storms.

Stormman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ridge Of Death Empty Re: Ridge Of Death

Post  Gary_Monett on Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:43 pm

Yeah, that high pressure looks strong. Definitely makes for beautiful weather, but it is boring.
Gary_Monett
Gary_Monett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  weatherplus on Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:47 pm

Agree! Very boring weather for April! Before long we will be starting to talk about a drought. I think this summer will be very hot (temps in in upper 90 - low 100's) and very dry!!! Hopefully we can get at least 1 or 2 severe weather outbreaks before summer time truely begins!!

weatherplus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary_Monett on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:38 pm

Noticed while I was out in the yard today that the soil moisture isn't that deep. It won't take long to dry things out for sure.
Gary_Monett
Gary_Monett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down