Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday/Saturday April 30/May 1st

5 posters

Go down

Friday/Saturday April 30/May 1st Empty Friday/Saturday April 30/May 1st

Post  Stormman Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:39 pm

Friday/Saturday April 30/May 1st 03z_fr11
Thought I would start this thread as it does appear that another vigorous upper trough will sweep through the Plains late this week into the weekend. The models are not in agreement beyond day 4, thus the SPC has only warranted an outlook for day 4 for Thursday April 29th.
Friday/Saturday April 30/May 1st Day_4_11
Our last storm was robbed of all the energy due to the convection that went up early in Arkansas, plus 0-3km shear was relatively weak to get any good supercell development in the ozarks. As it stands right now the 12z issuance of the NAM was showing STRONG 0-3km shear with this upcoming storm, but weak CAPE for our area. Still several more runs to go, let the threads begin!

Stormman

Back to top Go down

Friday/Saturday April 30/May 1st Empty Re: Friday/Saturday April 30/May 1st

Post  Mindi Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:36 pm

So, my prediction of things getting bad for May 1st may materialize? I am curious how things are looking for Saturday. Are things coming together for a severe weather outbreak?
Mindi
Mindi

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormman Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:06 pm

NWS has our area in a significant risk for severe storms during the day on Friday and the SPC mentions MODERATE risk in future outlooks.

Stormman

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindi Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:19 pm

Thanks stormman! I know my shoulder is hurting quite a bit so this front must be pretty dynamic!
Mindi
Mindi

Back to top Go down

Friday/Saturday April 30/May 1st Empty Re: Friday/Saturday April 30/May1st

Post  Stormman Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:04 pm

Going over some model data this afternoon as the latest 12z NAM came out, confidence is increasing that from about SGF points East may see a few isolated tornadoes tomorrow into tomorrow evening as the cdfrnt goes quasi stationary West of the area. It's not looking as impressive as yesterdays runs but IMO if we realize more sunshine during the day tomorrow the tornado threat will increase. Target area if I had to choose one would likely be Joplin to Seneca line chase the storms as they push east through the evening. saturday raises a question in my mind. Thinking about setting up a target area in portions of Eastern Arkansas, likely East of the LZK area. V2 begins it's 2010 great tornado hunt on this day as well, I might follow them if they decide to chase these storms.

Stormman

Back to top Go down

Post  weatherplus Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:48 pm

I don't think tomorrow will be anything too special for severe weather. The storms that do form will be very isolated, so not many people will get them. Plus there will be not much sunshine, so instability will be limited. Also I think the CAP will hold in place for much of the day. I just expect another windy day tomorrow with a very slight chance at a few lucky people getting some minor storms. I hope that I am wrong, but just still not the setup SW MO needs to get a good storm outbreak.

weatherplus

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormman Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:34 pm

It's very complex because alot has to happen tomorrow, timing, cloud cover (affecting instability), how far North moist axis goes, shear available in the warm sector, I'm still chasing tomorrow. My target area as it stands now is gonna be a line from Seneca to Joplin to Lamar/Nevada line, and chase these storms as they push East.

Stormman

Back to top Go down

Friday/Saturday April 30/May 1st Empty Re: Friday/Saturday April 30/ May 1st

Post  Stormman Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:04 pm

Chasing in Northern Arkansas right now after meeting some other chasers in Joplin earlier this evening, tornado warning for Boone county.... we are headed that way. Tomorrows setup looks good as well, we have come up with a target area of Batesville,Ar. The ingredients look to come together better tomorrow in that direction.

Stormman

Back to top Go down

Post  weatherplus Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:22 pm

Well good luck!! Once again a quick 10 minute storm that hits Springfield with heavy rain and some good lightning and thunder. Nothing in the way of wind/hail/tornado from where I was at. The sun is coming out and it looks like we are in the clear. Once again a wasted storm for the metro area.

weatherplus

Back to top Go down

Post  NixaDorothy Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:47 pm

weatherplus, why so negative. we got some pretty good stuff in nixa and a storm is a storm. we needed the rain so i don't considered it a wasted storm. we have to take what God sends us and be content with it.

NixaDorothy

Back to top Go down

Post  weatherplus Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:37 pm

Yes I agree it was a decent typical spring storm in the ozarks. I meant it was a waste as it was moving so fast. I think I read 55 mph. It was here and gone in no time! The rain that came down was so hard that I doubt if much of it soaked in the ground. Now there is a big tornado on the ground east of Gainesville!! I hope Stormman was able to catch up with it!!!

weatherplus

Back to top Go down

Post  hyerutko Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:26 am

Hope it could be downloaded

hyerutko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down