Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Type of Weather

+6
NixaDorothy
KSPR Kevin Lighty
hummingbirdmo
midnacht
Mindi
Gary_Monett
10 posters

Go down

Favorite Type of Weather Empty Favorite Type of Weather

Post  Gary_Monett Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:57 pm

Hi all. I thought I would post and see what everyone's favorite type of weather is. I really enjoy all types of weather (from severe weather to sunny skies). I find each day fascinating weatherwise.

If I had to choose, however, it would have to be winter weather. They seem to be the most difficult to forecast in this area because of our location. What about you?
Gary_Monett
Gary_Monett

Back to top Go down

Favorite Type of Weather Empty Re: Favorite Type of Weather

Post  Mindi Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:24 pm

I too love winter weather. There is just something about the snow that bring beauty.
Mindi
Mindi

Back to top Go down

Post  midnacht Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:28 pm

Winter. Snow. Ice. Cold. I love em all. But than again i grew up in Fraser CO. Miss skiing tho.
midnacht
midnacht

Back to top Go down

Post  hummingbirdmo Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:35 pm

Without a doubt, thunderstorms are my favorite.

Not the violent ones mind you. . . I can do without the tornadoes and straight line winds thankyou . . . just a good old fashioned thunderstorm with crackling thunder and flashes of lightening.
hummingbirdmo
hummingbirdmo

Back to top Go down

Post  KSPR Kevin Lighty Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:03 am

Severe weather and tornadoes! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO READY FOR SPRING!!!!!!
KSPR Kevin Lighty
KSPR Kevin Lighty

http://www.kevinlighty.com

Back to top Go down

Post  NixaDorothy Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:07 am

I would have to say that I agree with Kevin. Severe thunderstorms and tornadoes just seem to get the blood pumping and the adrenaline flowing. I love the snow but spring storms do top it in my book.

NixaDorothy

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary_Monett Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:36 am

Severe Weather is definitely fun to track. I just hate the potential loss of life and property that so often accompanies the strongest storms.
Gary_Monett
Gary_Monett

Back to top Go down

Post  KSPR Craig Carnesi Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:58 am

Gary_Monett wrote:Severe Weather is definitely fun to track. I just hate the potential loss of life and property that so often accompanies the strongest storms.

Amen Gary... I'm right there with you. While forecasting it is exciting, the aftermath surely puts it all into perspective. I wish every tornado would only move over farm land.
KSPR Craig Carnesi
KSPR Craig Carnesi

http://www.kspr.com/weather

Back to top Go down

Post  harm63 Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:35 pm

Severe storms and Tornadoes definitely. It's a great blood pumping experience. I highly doubt ANY of us like the risk at loss of life and possibility. But, the anticipation, the sirens, the chase...how can you beat it? What a rush! (in my humble opinion)
harm63
harm63

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelD Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:41 pm

Me it's the summer time thunderboomers. I grew up on the gulf coast of central Florida (Clearwater Beach area) and each and every afternoon we'd get into that easterly flow from the east coast or what is known as the Bermuda high. In the late afternoon a westerly sea breeze would set up blowing inland creating a convergence zone making lots of lift in then central part of the state. This creates some huge thunderstorms that blow west to the gulf and while if any tornadic activity is created they are not like twisters in the mid-west they are very small in comparison but can do their share of damage.

The biggest threat is the lightening the Tampa/St.Petersburg area is lightening central
and each year there are many that die by being hit by lightening. I used to love the light shows we'd get on those hot summer afternoons and evenings. These thunderboomers can drop up to 3 inches of rain in hour blinding rain, hail and very strong straight line winds. Sometimes these storms would create waterspouts in the bay and off shore in the gulf. Dangerous but beautiful displays of mother nature's tropical power. I've only been in Missouri for one summer but respect the summer storms when thunder is near I am indoors LOL!

Snow and cold is okay for a while I had my fill of this kind of weather back in NH where summer is very short and winter could go on until May. There is so much snow at time the towns can't find any place to put it so it gets stacked up high on the street corners where you can's see the traffic coming.
MichaelD
MichaelD

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary_Monett Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:29 pm

I have heard a lot about summer sea breeze thunderstorms in Florida. You paint a very vivid description of the weather conditions that they create.

As far as the cold, we will be back to more seasonal temperatures in a day or two. We may even see some plain old rain by mid-week.
Gary_Monett
Gary_Monett

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelD Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:55 am

Normal temps are alright with me. Be nice to live someplace that winter doesn't last from Oct-May LOL!
MichaelD
MichaelD

Back to top Go down

Post  WeatherWarriorJesselee Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:59 am

Thunderstorms in general. Anything a thunderstorm can do is of great interest to me.

Back home in Oregon, thunderstorms can be so ..... weak. When I moved here in 2002, I experienced my first severe storm and my mind was blown by the fierceness of the lightning. Then came May of 2003 ... the rest is history.
WeatherWarriorJesselee
WeatherWarriorJesselee

https://www.facebook.com/jleachman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down